01 02 03 Life, Unconditionally: A Love Letter To Football (American) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Love Letter To Football (American)

34
Dear American Football,

I have missed you with the burning passion of a thousand suns.  I don't know how you can expect me to 6 1/2ish months without you.  You captured my heart long ago, and you refuse to give it back...  Not that I mind, really.  I realize that it is only preseason, but at this point I will take what I can get.  Who needs drugs when I have you in my life? 

What I have missed most, is being able to watch my favorite teams - THE Ohio State Buckeyes and the New England Patriots.  That might seem like an odd combination of favorites to some people, but those people aren't me, so their opinions don't count.  They can say what they want about my teams: insult them, insult my love for them, tease me; but they will never be able to change my mind.  I am a fiercely loyal fan... And a loyal person in general. 

I have missed witnessing the magic of an interception, the quick feet of a quarterback in the pocket, the crack of two helmets making contact, the complete joy of a touchdown, etc.  The list goes on and on.

YOU, football, are what brings life into my Sundays.  And my Saturdays.  Sometimes even my Mondays. 

Currently, the New England Patriots are playing against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I won't say much more than that, because it is only the third quarter and I refuse to jinx anything.  Tom Brady is not playing, which partially defeats the purpose of watching the game - but I keeping reminding myself that it is only preseason and the other guys need to strut their stuff a little too. 

And for all you haters out there: NO, Tom Brady is not the only reason I love the Patriots.  He's not even my all-time favorite Patriot player.  That spot belongs to Wes Welker.  Don't even get me started on that subject. 

Well, I don't know what more I should say right now.  The only thing that really matters is that I love you, football.  With all of my heart. 

Yours Truly,

Tabitha

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38